Bringing Transparency To Complexity
For over 20 years, CJC’s Market Data Commercial Management team has provided global solutions to a diverse client portfolio via our centres of excellence in London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore.
We provide solutions and services to help our clients solve the complexity of managing all commercial aspects of market data. By providing tailored solutions aligned with our client's business focus and strategy, we assist our clients to adopt and implement industry best practices.
REDUCING COST AND MINIMIZING RISK
Since the global financial earthquake of 2008, firms operating in the financial services sector have, broadly, faced the same two key business challenges – maximizing profitability and mitigating risk.
Market data expenditure, expected to top $30 billion worldwide in 2019, is accepted to be one of the dominant factors adversely impacting profitability. Similarly, financial risk arising from exchange and vendor audits, as well as compliance risk from the regulators, present considerable obstacles to controlling overall risk exposure.
BRINGING TRANSPARENCY TO COMPLEXITY
In such a challenging environment, our commercial management team offers a wealth of experience and expertise, delivered via a suite of professional services and consultancy offerings focused on the market data commercial management space.
These solutions not only address immediate challenges arising from, for example, impending vendor audits, or exchange pricing or policy reviews but also longer-term cost control and risk mitigation, by establishing robust and resonant processes and procedures that bring transparency to complexity.
REAL-WORLD ANALYSIS AND INSIGHT
MARKET DATA COMMERCIAL TRANSFORMATION
Financial institutions are fast at pointing the finger at Market Data as one of the largest operating expenditures but slow at understanding why and how to mitigate and manage costs. CJC help our clients to develop a strategic and sustainable approach to managing market data commercial functions, providing solutions which cater for small, medium or large firms.
Examples of client challenges we solve:
- Unclear operational workflow resulting in uncontrolled spending, inefficient and slow invoice processing, and inaccurate vendor/exchange declarations.
- Inaccurate and inconsistent inventory environment in areas such as market data contracts, invoices, user permissions, and financial reporting.
- Lack of engagement with business stakeholders resulting in poor relationships and reputation for market data functions.
MARKET DATA BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT
CJC provide a full suite of managed service capabilities spanning the commercial management lifecycle from contracts, invoice, inventory, and entitlements through to cost reporting. Our services are catered to the needs of our clients who utilize as much or as little as they need to help maximize operational efficiency.
Some examples of client challenges we solve:
- Lack of resources and time to effectively manage market data processes such as invoice processing and contract management.
- Low quality and accuracy of cost reporting and transparency for business users.
- Wasted spending on market data due to missed contract rollovers and overcharging by vendors.
CONSULTANCY AND ADVISORY
CJC provide a wide variety of skillsets encompassing our expertise and experience in the financial industry in a cost-effective and scalable manner to suit our customer requirements.
Some examples of client challenges we solve:
- Lack the expertise for vendor migrations, business projects and other market data initiatives.
- Short-term resource constraints due to incoming projects or unexpected staff absence.
- Challenging situations such as vendor negotiations, business cost pressure and fixing internal operational mistakes.
Audits represent the most significant headache for all of our clients, large and small, with both frequency and complexity increasing year on year. CJC provide a full range of services from proactive preparation through to remediation and cleanup to minimize risk and maximize compliance for our clients.
Some examples of client challenges we solve are:
- Unable to deal with vendor and exchange audits due to lack of resources, knowledge and experience.
- Remediating the root cause of audit fines to prevent future recurrence.
- Unsure of market data compliance within the organization at the process, systems and documentation level.